Meetup Rules & Guidelines
Awkwardly Zen was created as a place to be awkwardly yourself on your spiritual path. There is no right and wrong here and we welcome all! You can join us on Meetup for one of our Zen Zooms (an open conversation about spirituality) or one of our other events where we’ll bring in experts to teach and guide. Just come with an open mind and spirit and participate as much or as little as you want!
- Love & Light please! There is no right or wrong here in Awkwardly Zen. You can disagree with someone but please hold space for them to have their point of view. The spiritual path is vast. Please keep in mind that we’re all in different places so be gentle.
- Keep it safe. Let’s tread lightly with anything too sexual, violent, controversial, or political.
- Viewpoints. The views of our speakers and other AZ members may not be the views of AZ itself.
- You are responsible for your own experience here. Please do your own research before trying anything recommended. If something doesn’t resonate with you please leave it behind or remember that you can always step away from the conversation. We get it. If something doesn’t resonate with you, please leave it behind, set a boundary, or remember that you can always walk away from the conversation
- Medical Disclaimer. We are not therapists, doctors, or medical professionals and we cannot cure, diagnose, or provide any sort of actual medical recommendations. Please see a medical provider or mental healthcare professional if you need one.
How to Participate
- How much you participate is up to you!
- Please keep yourself muted unless it’s your turn to talk.
- You can raise your hand physically, raise your virtual hand with the zoom reaction option, or type in the chat that you’d like to comment or ask a question.
If none of those is an option please unmute yourself and the moderator will try to watch for that.
- If you’d like to show support or agreement please waggle your hands in the view of your camera. It’s fun and it shows us that we’re not alone in this. If you feel the love, you can also use the ‘I love you’ gesture.
- If you have a business you’d like to promote please add it to the chat. We love to support our members.